NACRO committees have developed materials related to academic corporate relations as resources for our members.
"Industry Perspectives on Academic Corporate Relations" is NACRO's first research report. More than 100 academic relations specialists representing nearly two dozen industry sectors were surveyed to investigate the corporate perspective on university engagement. The results of the survey were analyzed to identify actionable opportunities for academic institutions to improve their relationships with corporate partners. Questions such as “How does industry decide which universities to partner with?” and “How does industry evaluate its academic partnerships?” are addressed. The report includes best practices, industry priorities and partnership trends, as well as incorporating the full set of survey responses.
- "Elevating Corporate Relations through Institutional Commitment" is NACRO's first position paper, written in 2016 by members of the Benchmarking Committee. The paper was prompted by discussions regarding the commitment needed to facilitate effective corporate engagement.
- "Adapt-Migrate-Perish: EXPLORING A NEW VALUE PROPOSITION FOR CFR" offers a fresh look at the changing role of CFR professionals and how we can better articulate the unique ways we "lead from the middle" to accomplish our institutions' top priorities
- "Engagement of Academic Corporate Relations Officers in University-Industry Centers of Research Excellence" describes a typical Center development cycle, including the five main stages, and examines the role the CR professional in the Development Cycle of sustainable Centers of Research Excellence.
- “Metrics for a Successful Twenty-First Century Academic Corporate Relations Program” provides engagement process models, frameworks and tools for assessment of CR programs, and more
- Corporations no longer consider themselves ‘donors’ to academia; they consider themselves ‘investors. Read about this in the “Five Essential Elements of a Successful Twenty-First Century University Corporate Relations Program”. A powerpoint presentation developed as part of this white paper can be found here.
Surveys of the membership can be found on the Benchmarking Committee Page
Want to share more about the organization? An overview of NACRO can be found in this one-pager.