April 7, 2021
Q&A with Beth Colledge, Penn State University
- What is your current role at your institution? Director of Corporate Engagement
- How did you hear about NACRO, and how long have you been a member? Tanna Pugh from Penn State was initially very active with NACRO and she shared the organizational information with what was then our Corporate and Foundation Relations Office. I officially joined NACRO in 2011.
- What do you enjoy most about your NACRO membership? The professional networking opportunities and the friendships that have been built over the years have been invaluable!
- So far, what has been your greatest Corporate Relations success? What has been your greatest challenge? It is all in how you define success. There have been some seven and eight figure gifts over the years, but it is not the amount of the gift that matters. The greatest success to me has been the quality and impact (corporate engagement) of our work—it truly is transformational to the institution. Having a student or faculty member say thank you for positively impacting their life or their life’s work is what makes it all work while.
- What’s something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know? I worked my way through college hosting a local commercial radio show. Yes, I was a DJ and still have all of my vinyl!