March 5, 2021
Q&A with Katheryne Rehberg, University of Illinois
- What is your current role at your institution/company? Director, Business Development, Office of Corporate Relations, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
- How long have you been a NACRO member? I jumped right in the summer of 2016 right after I made the transition from a career in industry managing global food ingredient businesses for ADM to corporate relations at Illinois. My colleague Megan Puzey told me on my first day, here is your registration link for annual NACRO conference and bootcamp at WashU in St. Louis and I’ve been involved since that day!
- What do you enjoy most about your NACRO membership? I really appreciate the global network of colleagues that I have the opportunity to connect with through committee work and just to have as phone a friends. Such a wonderful group to check in with and share ideas to be more successful in our roles on campus.
- So far, what has been your greatest Corporate Relations success? I love building relationships with industry and that is by far my most favorite and rewarding part of the job is being able to build relationships with our key corporate partners to our campus. What has been your greatest challenge? My greatest challenge has been learning new industries; coming from the food and ag space and transitioning to a banking, insurance, financial services, and software portfolio has definitely stretched me and many times I recognize I’m the least tech savvy person in a meeting.
- What’s something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know? I am from the geographical center of Illinois, a town of about 200 called Chestnut, and I grew up on a 5th generation grain and dairy farm there. Over 60 people in our Stoll family, who started out on this farm, graduated from the University of Illinois. We definitely bleed orange and blue! Go ILLINI!