January 11, 2021
Q&A with Jason King - UC Irvine
- What is your current role at your institution/company? I am the Associate Director of Corporate Relations for the UC Irvine-Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences. I help to streamline research and recruitment efforts for the computer science school.
- How long have you been a NACRO member? I have been a member of NACRO for one year. I joined to find like-minded individuals who are focused on corporate relations and value sharing best practices and beliefs.
- What do you enjoy most about your NACRO membership? I love being a member of an organization that is great at connecting motivated individuals to discuss and share progressive ideas that will benefit academic institutions. Also, it is refreshing to connect with individuals that genuinely care and want to help others regarding similar challenges or obstacles. I am currently on the NACRO Membership and Alliance Committee.
- So far, what has been your greatest Corporate Relations success? My greatest corporate relations success has been to streamline our eight different capstone programs that work with a combined 120 projects a year and bring in more quality project sponsors that hire, mentor, and provide more monetary gifts. What has been your greatest challenge? The greatest challenge has been to make the jump from working in private industry for my whole career to an academic institution. Luckily, the rewards outweigh the challenges.
- What’s something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know? I have a twin sister.