Q&A with Anthony Peebles - Case Western Reserve University
1. What is your current role at your institution/company? I am Director of Diversity Program Advancement for Case Western Reserve University. I am a member of the Corporate Relations Team.
2. How long have you been a NACRO member? I have been a member of NACRO for two years. Shortly after I joined CWRU, our entire Corporate Relations team attended the NACRO conference in Pittsburgh.
3. What do you enjoy most about your NACRO membership? I am excited about being a member of the Membership and Alliances Committee. I also value NACRO as a resource for best practices, ideas and strategies for increasing CWRU's return on investment when engaging our corporate partners and prospect?
4. So far, what has been your greatest Corporate Relations success? I was successful in having our President sign the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion. CEO Action is a collaboration with Fortune 500 companies and over 200 colleges and universities to share best practices and dialogue around Diversity and Inclusion. CWRU has developed relationships with Chief Diversity Officers of our corporate partners and has been successful in identifying and securing resources for scholarships, talent development and research with a focus on Diversity.
5. What has been your greatest challenge? The biggest challenge in corporate relations as I see it is to make the business case for diversity and inclusion with our corporate partners. I work to use best practices and strong data to show how collaborating with a university around diversity is in the best interest of the company, its employees, shareholders, and the markets it serves.
6. What’s something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know? I love music and am both a jazz bassist and a classical guitarist!