Co-Vice President (1 of 2)
Organization: University of California, Davis
- Title: Manager, Corporate Relations
- Membership Years: >5 Years
- Committees: Marketing, Professional Development, Conference Planning, Site Selection
- Board Experience: Co-Chair Marketing Committee (2 years)
- Mid-Winters Attended: 5 or more
Jamie is the Manager for the Office of Corporate Relations, working broadly to support industry partnerships at UC Davis. She has been a part of the central CR team since 2011, working closely with other campus units including fundraising, sponsored projects and technology transfer, to build holistic university-industry partnerships based on the campus’ authentic strengths. Before joining OCR, Jamie was part of the Seed Biotechnology Center where she worked to develop substantial, long-term collaborations between UC Davis researchers and the seed industry. Jamie has a Ph.D. from UC Davis in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and an H.B.S in Biochemistry & Biophysics from Oregon State University.
I have been a NACRO member for the past seven years, and each year I actively contributed to a committee. I have served in a number of leadership roles which have given me a deep understanding of the work of our organization as well as our challenges and opportunities. I have co-chaired the Marketing Committee (2014-2015), managed the agenda and speaker details for the 2011 Annual Conference as part of Conference Planning, led the 2016 implementation of the organization’s new brand and website, worked to develop and implement a new process for selecting conference locations on Site Selection in 2017 and 2018, and managed the speaker coordination, marketing efforts and material development for a 2018 webinar as part of Professional Development.
I am committed to strengthening NACRO, and I believe the professional growth and leadership skills I have gained as an active board member and contributor to multiple committees provide a solid foundation to lead the organization forward. I hope to build on the strong groundwork established by previous leadership to increase our membership base, grow our professional development offerings, and cement NACRO as the “go-to” organization for corporate and university relations professionals.
Significant NACRO Contribution
1. Marketing Committee: Led the coordination, development and implementation of the new NACRO brand, website and logo, which launched in 2016, stemming from efforts I initiated in my role as co-chair of this committee the previous 2 years; managed the backend membership database for tracking of our members and helped define new member benefits
2. Professional Development Committee: Co-led the first professional development webinar of 2018, titled “Conducting Research on Corporations”, including recruitment and coordination of speakers, dates, materials and marketing 3. Site Selection Committee: Given the growth of our organization, I have worked with this committee over the past two years to create a new model for identifying potential host locations, and have worked to implement this into selections for upcoming annual conferences and midwinter leadership meetings 4. Benchmarking Committee: Co-author (contributor and editor) on NACRO’s first position paper, “Elevating Corporate Relations through Institutional Commitment”; submission of two best practices 5. Conference Planning Committee: Organized and maintained the master spreadsheet for conference speakers, maintained the conference agenda through the planning process, and coordinated with the co-chairs on materials for the 2011 NACRO Annual Conference hosted by the University of Michigan; participated as a speaker or moderator at the Annual Conference on three different occasions.