Jan 22: Bootcamp
The first ever NACRO Corporate Engagement Bootcamp, to be held Monday, January 22, will guide attendees through the corporate engagement cycle. At universities, Corporate Relations Officers are housed in different departments, such as Advancement, Office of Research, Economic Development, and Career Centers, to name a few. Corporate Relations represents engagement across campus or offices housed in specific departments, schools, and centers. At some institutions, corporate engagement is just part of an individual’s role, along with major gifts, employer engagement, or research partnerships. Regardless of the area you serve on campus or the percentage of your role dedicated to corporate relations, the best practices shared in this session can improve your university’s approach to corporate engagement.
With speakers on both the philanthropic and research side, this workshop focuses on the NACRO “blueprint” for holistic university corporate relations. The day incorporates two of the best parts of NACRO: peer learning and networking with corporate relations colleagues from other universities. Corporate Relations Officers from 10 different universities will share their best practices in areas of corporate outreach, closing the deal, and stewarding corporate partners.
Who Should Attend:
The Corporate Engagement Bootcamp guides attendees through the corporate engagement cycle. Whether you represent your entire campus or a specific school, or spend 100% or 20% of your time on corporate relations, the best practices shared in this session can improve your university’s approach to corporate engagement. The Bootcamp is the same agenda and topics, but different speakers from the Blueprint Session at the 2017 conference.
Opens: November 1, 2017
Closes: January 12, 2018
Meeting Registration Fee:
*We encourage you to become a NACRO member for $149 ($50 off the normal $199 fee)*
*Join NACRO before registering for your $50 off code, to become a NACRO member, click here*
The Bootcamp program begins at 8am and ends at 5pm, with breakfast and lunch included. There will be an optional informal gathering for those who arrive on Sunday evening, January 21st. The Bootcamp is the same agenda and topics, but different speakers from the Blueprint Session at the 2017 conference.
- Leah Aschmann, Associate Director, Corporate Relations, Rice University
- Adam Paul Causgrove, Associate Director, Corporate Relations, Dietrich and Mellon Colleges, Carnegie Mellon University
- Susan Fonseca, Senior Associate Director of Boston College Corporate & Foundation Relations
- Victor Haroldsen, Senior Analyst for Technology Management and Corporate Relations, University of California, Davis
- Joe Matope, Director of Corporate Relations, Kansas State University Foundation
- Cameron McCoy, Assistant Vice President, Office of Economic Engagement, Lehigh University
- Hughes Miller, Assistant Director of Corporate Relations, Emory University
- Katheryne Rehberg, Associate Director of Corporate Relations, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Jamie Shattuck, Manager, Office of Corporate Relations, University of California, Davis
- Jessica Watts, Senior Director of Corporate Relations, University of Texas at Dallas
- Stacey Willenborg, Director of Corporate Relations, UF Warrington College of Business
University of Houston
Hotel - Ask for NACRO Room Block, $149/night, Book before December 21 for NACRO Pricing
Hilton University of Houston
4450 University Drive, Houston, Texas, 77204