NACRO is pleased to present the next in the inaugural professional development webinar series for 2017! This year’s content is targeted to newcomers to the profession, much like the education provided in Blueprint Day programming at the NACRO Annual Conference.
Roadmap to a Successful Campus Visit
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm EST
A visit from a company can be a wonderful way to showcase your institution, but how can you best poise yourself for success? What do you need to accomplish prior to sending out the invitation to ensure that corporate representatives get the right campus experience? Join us as we discuss the importance of creating a solid strategy, setting up realistic and appropriate goals, preparing internal and external guests, and developing follow up exercises that net results. Presenters will offer insight and share examples of how their institutions have maximized the potential of campus visits with their corporate partners.
Moderator: Melissa Erekson, Executive Director, Corporate, Foundation, and Research Relations, Tulane University
- Jim Desrochers, Associate Director, Industry Relations, Michigan Tech
- Melissa Erekson, Executive Director, Corporate, Foundation, and Research Relations, Tulane University
- Sophia Monkman, Director of External Relations, SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University
Registration: $199 for NACRO members, and $299 for nonmembers. Open through June 23, 2017.
Understanding Your Product: What you need to know before you can advocate for your institution
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm EST
Corporate relations professionals develop win-win opportunities with industry, but these mutual areas of interest are unique to each company and each interaction. Before visiting with a corporation, what do you need to know about your institution to build a successful partnership? How can you best poise yourself to be nimble when facing a change in institutional/corporate players or when the conversation changes focus? Attendees will learn which campus offices to engage prior to meetings with external partners and which topics are likely on the company’s agenda, including IP, research, and recruiting. Join us to learn more about the importance of becoming a corporate relations officer with many talents and areas of knowledge, as presenters will offer advice from the front lines and tips on proven strategies.
Moderator: Lindsay Coolidge, Manager, External Relations, University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Heather Daughtridge - Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations, North Carolina State University
- Jennifer Jennings – Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, College of Engineering, Michigan State University
- Roger Vanhoy - Director, Office of Corporate Relations, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Kyan Zeller – Associate Director of Development and Corporate and Foundation Relations, Broad College of Business, Michigan State University
Thursday, January 26, 2017
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EST
Companies have ever-changing objectives with academic partners – you can’t assume you will stay on a corporation’s “list.” Attendees will understand the value of stewardship for corporate partners, hear about stewardship tactics, and learn how to develop a stewardship plan at their own institution. Join us to hear examples from your peers at universities from across the country.
Moderator: Lorena McLaren, Executive Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations, North Carolina State University
- Mike Marion, Associate Vice President, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Rutgers University Foundation
- Pam Warden, Senior Director of Development, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University